One of the best and favorite souvenirs for most people on any trip are the pictures. The photo package options on Disney Cruise Line can be a bit confusing and often I get asked if they are worth it.
While I cannot tell you if it’s worth it, I can go over the major points and how it all works to make it easier for you to decide if it’s worth it for your family.
There are plenty of opportunities and photographers located all over the ship, but it’s up to you to take advantage of them if you purchase a package and want to get your money’s worth.
- Inside the terminal, walking onto the ship before you board.
- Character meet & greets
- In the Main Dining Rooms
- At Palo and Remy
- On the walkway by the ship at Castaway Cay
- In the water at Castaway Cay
- Atrium Lobby (formal night on longer cruises and Pirate Night
- Aqua Duck on Dream and Fantasy
It’s always free to have your photo taken and photos can be purchased a la carte if you prefer not to purchase a package.
Your photographs are available for purchase in a variety of product options. Simply choose the package that works best for you!
- Digital Collection– Take home your cruise photos digitally on a USB thumb drive or download them during your sailing—and easily share them with family and friends. Pick just your favorites or choose the all-inclusive package if you just can’t decide. Options include:
- 20 digital photos for $249.95
- 10 digital photos for $149.95
- All digital photos in your account, price ranging from $194.95-$349.95, depending on the length of the cruise.
- Prints Package– If you prefer to have your photos printed before you disembark so you don’t have to worry about it when you get home. High-quality prints of your favorite photos!
- 20 prints for $249.95
- 15 prints for $199.95
- 10 prints for $149.95
- Customizable PhotoBook– PhotoBooks are a popular choice for vacation mementos. You can add up to 34 photos while on the ship and your hardcover PhotoBook will be shipped directly to you at your home address after your cruise.
- A La Carte – A la carte items, such as individual 8×10 prints, are available for purchase. I suggest getting your photo taken throughout your cruise even if you do not purchase a photo package.
- Individual prints: 8×10 for $20.95, 6×8 for $14.95
*Prices are subject to change until package purchase.
Note: When members of your immediate family are sailing in multiple staterooms, you only need to purchase one package. You must go to Shutters onboard to add a stateroom to your package, this cannot be done online. To be eligible to link staterooms, the guests in the additional stateroom must include the children (under age 21) of the adult booking the photo package. Linking is only available for immediate family members. Extended family members such as aunts, uncles, grandparents , etc… are not eligible.
Where do I go to see my photos?
Disney Cruise Line makes it easy to view and select your photos while onboard.
Shutters – The Onboard Photography Shop can be found on deck 4 of all the ships. With electronic kiosks for viewing photos digitally around the clock throughout your cruise, you can view your photos and pick your favorites daily. To access your photos, simply tap your Key to the World Card at one of the kiosks. Shutters crew members are available to assist you.
Picking Up Your Photos
If you are buying photo prints a la carte, you can do so any day of your cruise at Shutters during normal operating hours.
If you are purchasing a package, you will complete your pick up on disembarkation day. Operating hours on disembarkation day will be published, or you can ask a Shutters Crew Member. The line will get longer as the morning progresses, so be sure to arrive early.
Tip Don’t wait until your last night to view your photos! Shutters will be packed! Visit throughout the cruise and save yourself from waiting in line for a kiosk and wasting your final cruise night.
DCL uses a third party photography studio to take and sell photos. You will need to go to MyCruisePhotos.com to preorder photo packages.
Tip: Shutters can schedule a photo session for you.
Only you can decide what is best for your family, but there are lots of options so stop and pose for pictures whenever you can with the photographers and take lots of photos with your own camera too. Photographs are the best souvenir of any Disney Cruise!